Supporting someone who has been raped or sexually assaulted can be stressful. So it’s important to look after yourself as well and to ask for help if you need it.

If you are finding it difficult to cope, you may want to think about having counselling or psychological support. Your GP can refer you or you can ask one of the Havens’ team for advice. They will explain what help is available and who to contact.

You’ll also find organisations that offer useful advice on our external support page.